Google Chrome is the most popular browser in the world, so it is essential to keep it updated for security purposes. Google recently revealed the new 94.0.4606.54 update, which will take a few days/weeks to become available. To make sure you’re protected, Chrome automatically updates when a new version is available for your device. However, at times you have to update the update manually.
In a recent report, Google warned users about a new security threat that could put more than 2 billion Chrome users at risk. In such a situation, it becomes imperative to update your Google Chrome as soon as a new update becomes available.
How to Update Google Chrome Browser on PC or Laptop
- Step 1: First of all open the Google Chrome browser
- Step 2: After this click on the 3 dots present on the top right side
- Step 3: When a drop-down menu will open in front of you
- Step 4: Next click on the Settings option on the left side of the screen
- Step 5: After clicking on Settings, you will see the option of About Chrome at the bottom, click on it
- Step 6: As soon as you click on About Chrome, your Chrome browser will start updating
- Step 7: After the Google Chrome browser is updated, you have to click on RELAUNCH
- Step 8: By doing this your browser will automatically close and re-open
How to check if your Google Chrome browser is secure
- Step 1: First of all go to Settings
- Step 2: Now click on the Help button
- Step 3: Go to About Google Chrome
Here if your Google Chrome is 94.0.4606.61 or above then it is secure. If you do not have this version then you will have to wait for some time.